Resolutions for 2016!

Ahhhh, New Years Day. The start of a new year means making some resolutions!

1) Goodreads challenge
A lot of you will know all about this challenge, however for those of you who don't...
It is where you set yourself a target of how many books you want to read in a whole year. In 2015 my target was 50 books, which I just about succeeded with. That's why I've set 2016's goal as 60 books, I'm being realistic here. Trying to push myself and strive to beat last year's challenge whilst being realistic to what I can actually achieve.
This is the key to this challenge and would be my advice to anyone attempting a Goodreads challenge for the first time. BE REALISTIC. I can hold my hands up and say if I set my challenge as 100 books for the year then there is no way in hell I would achieve it! I just don't have enough spare time to achieve that goal and so I'm setting my challenge to a goal that with determination I CAN achieve.


2) Read what YOU want
I have some more reading goals this year that I NEED to stick to. One of which is to not be disheartened if I don't like a book and put the goddamn thing down. So basically this goal is to stop forcing myself to finish books if I'm hating it. It puts me in a bad mood and a major reading slump. This is a no no for 2016!


3) Review books

Another reading goal of mine is to read a Hot Key/Picadilly Press book each month. I'm kinda behind on them and they are always books that I really enjoy. Also, they are 9/10 a short book which is great for my reading attitude. Short books, keeping you out of reading slumps for life!





4) Regular Blogging
My next goal of 2016 is a blog-based goal. I've become a seasoned pro at this one lately and hope to keep it up. It is to post a Tuesday Talks and Top 5 Wednesday each week without fail. HOWEVER, I'm giving myself a bit of slack with this goal. If there is a topic that doesn't apply to me then I'm allowed to miss that week. For example, I cannot listen to audiobooks to save my life so if there was a topic concerning audiobooks I can miss it.


5) Regular Reviews
Another blog-based goal of mine is to post at least 2 reviews each month. This one is going to be tricky but I will stick by it as much as possible with a bit of organisation. After doing Blogmas I think it's definitely possible to achieve this goal!


6) BookTube Blues
Shifting over to my YouTube channel  this goal is to post at least 2 videos a month. It will sound easy to most of you but I've found it incredibly hard to be motivated with my channel as of late so I'm striving to nip that feeling in the bud this year.


7) Something New!
Finally, I really want to journal more. It is such a nice way to record memories and I'm sure it would be lovely to look back on. I am starting my journaling TODAY!


EVERYONE WHO IS READING THIS, PLEASE HOLD ME TO THESE GOALS AND IF I BREAK ANY OF THEM THEN MOTIVATE ME. ON THE FLIP SIDE, IF YOU NEED MOTIVATION KEEPING YOUR RESOLUTIONS THEN DON'T BE AFRAID TO SEND ME A TWEET :) @TheBookMoo

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,